Notice and Disclosure
Information You Provide to Blue Mantis.
In general, you may visit the Site without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. Personal information includes information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline. Blue Mantis may automatically collect information that is not personal information as further described below.
We will not collect any personal information from you that you do not volunteer, and we are the sole owner of all information collected on the Site. We do not sell, share, or rent this information to others in any way. If you volunteer information, Blue Mantis collects information from and about you in several different ways via the Site:
- Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of this Site, including MyGreenPages, or ordering products or participating in an event, you must complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide to Blue Mantis certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing address(es), phone number, and email address. In addition, Blue Mantis may ask you for information regarding your organization. In some cases we require billing information, such as credit card information. Billing information is encrypted at all times and is stored on secure servers. This personal information is used for billing purposes, fulfilling your orders, and communicating with you about your order and the Site, and for internal marketing purposes. If Blue Mantis encounters a problem when processing your order, it will use your personal information to contact you.
- Email Addresses. Several locations of the Site permit you to enter your email address for purposes, including, without limitation, to sign up for Blue Mantis’ email newsletters. Your submissions for these purposes are completely voluntary, so you have a choice whether to participate and disclose information to Blue Mantis.
- User Submissions. Certain locations of the Site elicit your feedback regarding the Site and your experiences with Blue Mantis’ products. Your submissions for these purposes are completely voluntary, so you have a choice whether to participate and disclose information to Blue Mantis. Should you choose to submit information in response to these requests, Blue Mantis may collect and use your name and other information submitted on the Site to market Blue Mantis’ products. When you communicate with other users or our staff through the Site, those communications are saved in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. Your user submissions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your submissions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your submissions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatically Generated and Collected Information.
In addition to information that you volunteer as described above, the Site utilizes technologies to collect information and track your user experience. Blue Mantis will use this information to improve the Site and user experience. In addition, the Site automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access this Site and may also log your Internet protocol (“IP”) address (which may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet), Internet service provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes. We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie automatically generated information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies (as defined below).
Blue Mantis respects children’s privacy and will not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 13. As stated in the Terms and Conditions of Use, you have represented and warranted that you are at least are 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, do not, under any circumstance, submit any personal information to us and always rely on a parent or guardian to assist you. If Blue Mantis learns that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
How We Use Your Information.
We may periodically send you email about new service developments, industry issues or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such emails, simply click the “unsubscribe” link in any email you receive from us. Please note that Blue Mantis may have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place. Accordingly, you cannot opt out of receiving order related emails.
The Legal Bases We Rely On To Use Your Information.
We only use your personal information when we believe it is necessary and we have a valid legal reason (i.e., legal basis) to do so under applicable law, like with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services to enter into or fulfill our contractual obligations, to protect your rights, or to fulfill our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in the EU or UK, this section applies to you.
For the purposes of this section “process your information” means collect, store, use, and/or share your information. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legal bases we rely on in order to process your personal information. As such, we may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e., consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your information when we believe it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests and those interests do not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms. For example, we may process your personal information for some of the purposes described in order to:
- Send users information about special offers and discounts on our products and services
- Develop and display personalized and relevant advertising content for our users
- Analyze how our Services are used so we can improve them to engage and retain users
- Support our marketing activities
- Diagnose problems and/or prevent fraudulent activities
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
If you are located in Canada, this section applies to you.
We may process your information if you have given us specific permission (i.e., express consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose, or in situations where your permission can be inferred (i.e., implied consent). You can withdraw your consent at any time.
In some exceptional cases, we may be legally permitted under applicable law to process your information without your consent, including, for example:
- If collection is clearly in the interests of an individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way
- For investigations and fraud detection and prevention
- For business transactions provided certain conditions are met
- If it is contained in a witness statement and the collection is necessary to assess, process, or settle an insurance claim
- For identifying injured, ill, or deceased persons and communicating with next of kin
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or may be victim of financial abuse
- If it is reasonable to expect collection and use with consent would compromise the availability or the accuracy of the information and the collection is reasonable for purposes related to investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province
- If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court relating to the production of records
- If it was produced by an individual in the course of their employment, business, or profession and the collection is consistent with the purposes for which the information was produced
- If the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic, or literary purposes
- If the information is publicly available and is specified by the regulations
Every precaution is taken to insure the security of your data while using the Blue Mantis Site. We use industry-standard firewalls, secure web servers (https), data encryption and authentication procedures, among other techniques, to maintain the security of your data and your online session. While Blue Mantis believes that it uses industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, as is the case with all web sites, it cannot guarantee complete security and hereby disclaims any representation and/or warranty of any type that these security measures will protect your data in all circumstances.
Your Privacy Rights
Opt Out and Corrections
Upon your request, Blue Mantis will (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending emails to your email address; and/or (c) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. These requests should be directed to your dedicated account manager, as assigned by Blue Mantis.
EU, UK, Canada
In some regions, such as the European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom (UK), and Canada, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the EEA, UK, and Canada), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. You can make such a request by contacting us by using the contact details provided below.
We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you are located in the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are located in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
Withdrawing your consent: If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, which may be express and/or implied consent depending on the applicable law, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us by using the contact details provided below.
However, please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal nor, when applicable law allows, will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Opting out of marketing and promotional communications: You can unsubscribe from our marketing and promotional communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send, or by contacting us using the details provided in the section below. You will then be removed from the marketing lists. However, we may still communicate with you, for example, to send you service-related messages that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes.
Applicability & Revisions
Event Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU HEREBY WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE BLUE MANTIS.
These terms and conditions are entered into by and between You and Blue Mantis, Inc., a Delaware corporation (“Blue Mantis,” “Company,” “we,” or “us”). The following terms and conditions, together with any documents they expressly incorporate by reference (collectively, “Terms and Conditions”), govern your participation in the Blue Mantis event more particularly described in the associated event registration form (the “Event”).
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND RELEASE. As a condition to being permitted to participate in the Event, and in recognition of Blue Mantis’ reliance hereon, you hereby agree to all the terms of the Release of Liability and Waiver of Rights set forth in Exhibit A.
CONDUCT AT EVENT. You hereby acknowledge and agree that you are personally responsible for your safety and actions while attending the Event. You agree to comply with all rules implemented by Blue Mantis or any Event sponsor or staff, including but not limited to all policies, guidelines, signage, and instructions. Failure to comply with all rules may result in your removal from the Event, and Blue Mantis will not be liable for any costs incurred by you as a result of such removal and your inability to participate in the Event.
PHOTOGRAPHY/VIDEO DISCLAIMER. By attending the Event and agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you hereby grant Blue Mantis the right to take photographs or video of you in connection with the Event, for internal or promotional use. You hereby grant Blue Mantis, without limitation, the right to use your name and likeness in connection with the Event for any publicity without further compensation or permission. Blue Mantis may use the photographs/video in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by Blue Mantis including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, social media channels, etc. If you do not wish to have your photo taken or distributed you must email the Blue Mantis Marketing Team at [email protected] indicating your intentions and include a photograph. Blue Mantis will use the photo for identification purposes and will hold it in confidence.
GOVERNING LAW. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New Hampshire, without reference to any choice of law doctrine. THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION FOR ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE EVENT OR THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL BE IN THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED NEW HAMPSHIRE AND EACH PARTY HERETO IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY OBJECTION IT MAY NOW OR HEREAFTER HAVE AS TO THE VENUE OF ANY SUCH SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING BROUGHT IN SUCH A COURT OR THAT SUCH COURT IS AN INCONVENIENT FORUM.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF RIGHTS
ASSUMPTION OF RISK. My choice to participate in the Event is knowing, voluntary, and made for my personal benefit. I understand that participation in the Event involves inherent risks and dangers of accidents, property loss or damage, serious personal and bodily injury, death, and severe personal and economic losses. These may result not only from my own actions, inactions, or negligence, but also from the actions, inactions, or negligence of others, or the condition of the facilities, equipment, or vehicles. Further, there may be other risks not known to me or reasonably foreseeable at this time. I understand and I have considered the risks involved, and I voluntarily and freely choose to assume these risks.
RELEASE FROM LIABILITY. I fully and forever release and discharge Blue Mantis and its respective affiliates, directors, officers, managers, shareholders/members, employees, agents, and insurers, and all others involved in the Event (collectively referred to in this Exhibit A as “Sponsor”) from any and all injuries (including death), losses, damages, claims (including negligence claims), demands, lawsuits, expenses, and any other liability of any kind, of or to me, my property, or any other person, directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with my participation in the Event, even if they are due to the ordinary negligence, injudicious act, omission, or other fault of Sponsor. This waiver and release does not extend to claims for gross negligence, intentional misconduct, or any other actions that may not released by agreement pursuant to applicable law.
INDEMNITY. I will defend, indemnify, hold harmless, and reimburse Sponsor from and for all damages, losses, costs, or expenses (including legal fees) incurred by Sponsor or paid by them to any person (including me or my insurers) in respect of any accident, injury (including death), loss, or property damage, however caused or resulting from, arising out of, or otherwise in connection with my participation in the Event. I will reimburse Sponsor if anyone makes a claim against Sponsor in connection with my participation in the Event, including, without limitation, any accident I may be involved in or any injury, loss, damage to me, other parties or property however caused.
COVENANT NOT TO SUE. I will not initiate any claim, lawsuit, court action, or other legal proceeding or demand against Sponsor, nor join or assist in the prosecution of any claim for money or other damages which anyone may have, on account of injuries (including death), losses, or damages sustained by me, other parties, or my (or others’) property in connection with my participation in the Event, and I waive any right I may have to do so. THIS MEANS THAT I CANNOT SUE TO HOLD SPONSOR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE SUSTAINED BY ME, OTHER PARTIES, OR MY (OR OTHERS’) PROPERTY IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT, EVEN IF IT IS DUE TO THE ORDINARY NEGLIGENCE, INJUDICIOUS ACT, OMISSION, OR OTHER FAULT OF SPONSOR.
Two International Drive Suite #260, Portsmouth, NH 03801